1995-1998 Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan (Ph.D., Biochemistry)
1989-1992 Northeast Normal University, China (M.S., Biological Sciences)
1985-1989 Northeast Normal University, China (B.S., Biological Sciences)
2008.5-present Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,
School of Life Sciences, Peking University, China
2002.5-2008.5 Associate Professor, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
School of Life Sciences, Peking University, China
1998.4-2002.4 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry
The Pennsylvania State University, USA
1995.4-1998.3 Graduate Assistant, Ph.D., Department of Microbiology
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
1994.5-1995.3 Research Assistant, Department of Microbiology
Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
1992.7-1994.1 Assistant Professor, Department of Biology
Liaoning Normal University, China
Honors and Awards
2020 Bayer Investigator Award
2020 Peking University Award of Teachers for Guidance for Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Paper
2017 Teaching Excellence Award of Peking University
2016 Peking University Award of Teachers for Guidance for Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Paper
2014 Peking University Award of Teachers for Guidance for Excellent Doctoral Dissertation Paper
2014 Outstanding Teacher Award of Peking University
2013 Dongbao Outstanding Teacher Award
2009 Dongbao Outstanding Teacher Award
2006 Beijing Excellent Guide Teacher Award
2006 Dongbao Outstanding Teacher Award
1995 Awarded the Scientific Progress Award of Ministry of Education, China
1996 Awarded the Scientific Progress Award of Jilin province, China.
Meeting Organizers and Session Chairs
2022-12-10 13th International symposium on DNA Damage Response and Human Diseases. (Invited)
2021-12-11 The 2nd Xi An International Translational Medicine Symposium (Invited)
2021-11-22~11-25 The Third Cold Spring Harbor Conferences Asia Meeting (Invited)
2019-11-9~11-10 10th International symposium on DNA Damage Response and Human Diseases.(Invited)
2019-06-12~6-13 6th Macau Symposium on Biomedical Sciences (Invited)
2018-06-11~6-15 Cold Spring Harbor Meeting 2018.DNA METABOLISM, GENOMIC STABILITY
& HUMAN DISEASE (Invited)
2017 10-27-10-29 8th International symposium on DNA Damage Response and Human Diseases
2017 05-27-05-29 Cullin RING ligases and Protein NEDDylation：Biology and Therapeutics.
Jan 15-17th, 2016, Sino-US Oncology Forum, Harbin, China, (Invited)
Nov 16-20th, 2015, The 14th International National Biophysics Congress, Kunming, China. (Invited)
Sep 18-20th, 2015, The 12th National Conference on Enzymology, Weihai, China. (Invited)
June 4-5th, 2015, Forum for Protein Modification and Degradation. Shanghai, China. (Invited)
Aug 21-23rd, 2014, 2010 Annual National Conference on Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Xiamen, China (posters)
May 26-29th, 2014, The 4th Life Science Symposium, Advances in Medical Biotechnology. Chulalongkorn University – Peking University, Bangkok, Tailand. (Invited)
May10-13rd, 2014, The Seventh International Conference SUMO, Ubiquitin, UBL Proteins: Implications for Human Diseases. Shanghai, China. (invited)
Apr 19- 21st, 2013. 2013 Annual National Conference on Cell Biology, Wuhan, China.
Mar 31th- Apr 3rd, 2013. The 4th National Biophysics Congress of China, Chongqing, China.
August 24-26th, 2012. 2012 Annual National Conference on Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nanjing, China. (Posters)
Feb 20-24th, 2011. The Inaugural Xiamen Winter Symposium, Xiamen China. (posters)
Oct. 30th - Nov. 3rd, 2011, The 17th International Biophysics Congress (IUPAB) Beijing, China. (posters)
Aug 24-26th, 2010. 2010 Annual National Conference on Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nanjing, China. (Posters)
Mar 3-6th, 2010. The third National Conference on Structure Biology, Sanya, China, (Posters)
Nov, 2009. The 10th Sino-Singapore Conference on Biology, Ximen, China. (Invited)
July 19-23rd, 2008. The 2nd Conference of Protein Science. Yantai, China. (Invited)
Nov 7-8th, 2007. International Symposium on Synchrotron Radiation and Biology, Shanghai, China. (Invited)
Nov 9-11th, 2007. The 6th “TICPS” International Conference of Protein Science. Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China. (Poster)
June 18-23rd, 2006. 20th IUBMB International Congress of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and 11th FAOBMB Congress. “Life: Molecular Integration & Biology Diversity”. Kyoto, Japan. (Poster)
Dec 12-17th, 2005. Advances in Protein Sciences, The Chinese University of Hongkong, HongKong (Invited)
2003. The 3rd Annual Meeting of the China RNA Society & 1st International RNA Workshop in China, Wuhan, China. (Invited)
2001. Emerging Viral Diseases: Penn State’s Twentieth Summer Symposium in Molecular Biology. University Park, Pennsylvania, USA. (Poster)
2001. Second International Conference: Proteins that bind RNA. Austin, Texas, USA. (Invited)
2000. Annual Meeting of the RNA Society Madison, Wisconsin, USA. (Poster)
1999. The NSF-RTG, the center for biomolecular structure and function and LSC chemical biology option super Friday Forum: Understanding biological pathways: a biophysical perspective. University Park, Pennsylvania, USA. (Poster)
Mar 1998. Annual Meeting of Japanese Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry Nagoya, Japan.
Mar 1997. Annual Meeting of Japanese Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry Tokyo, Japan.
April 1-4, 1996. Annual Meeting of Japanese Society for Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Agrochemistry. Kyoto, Japan.
2022年- Acta Biochim Biophys Sin Editor
Morden Molecular Biology (5th Edition)
Our lab is mainly focus on the functions of proteins related to human diseases such as inflammation and tumor. We take molecular, biochemical, structural and cellular approaches to investigate the biological roles of these proteins in regulation of DNA damage response, genomic integrity, drug resistance, tumor metabolism and environment, to understand the underlying molecular mechanisms and the correlation between protein dysfunction and tumorigenesis.
1.Identification of proteins involved in tumorigenesis and metastasis.
2.DNA damage response--genome integrity--tumor
3.virus-innate immunity-DNA damage response-tumor
Representative Peer-Reviewed Publications
1. Huang XP, Zhao Y, Wei M, Zhuge RP, Zheng XF*. (2023) hCINAP alleviates senescence through regulating MDM2 status via multiple mechanisms. Journal of Molecular Cell Biology.
2. Zhuge RP, Wang C, Wang J, Yu SY, Liao LM, Zheng XF*. (2023) hCINAP controls lineage differentiation of embryonic stem cells by regulating NEDD4 liquid-liquid phase separation-mediated YAP1 activation. Cell Reports..42(1) 111935. (Jan 31 2023, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.celrep.2022.111935)
3. Huang XP, Yang YF, Zhu D, Zhao Y, Wei M, Li K, Zu HH. Zheng XF*. (2022) PRMT5-mediated RNF4 methylation promotes therapeutic resistance of APL cells to As2O3 by stabilizing oncoprotein PML-RARα. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences. 79:319
4. Zhao Y, Huang XP, Zhu D, Wei M, Yu SY, Tian YL, Zheng XF*. (2022) Deubiquitinase OTUD6A promotes breast cancer progression by increasing TopBP1 stability and rendering tumor cells resistant to DNA-damaging therapy. Cell Death & Differentiation. 29: 2531–2544. Doi: 10.1038/s41418-022-01036-6.
5. Yu SY, Zang WC, Oiu YC, Liao LM, Zheng XF*. (2022) Deubiquitinase OTUB2 exacerbates the progression of colorectal cancer by promoting PKM2 activity and glycolysis. Oncogene. 41(1):46-56. DOI:10.1038/s41388-021-02071-2.
6. Xu RD, Yang YF, Zheng XF*. (2021) Unique structural features of the adenylate kinase hCINAP/AK6 and its multifaceted functions in carcinogenesis and tumor progression. FEBS Lett. 595(16): 2071-2084. DOI: 10.1002/1873-3468.14158
7. Zhu D, Xu R, Huang X, Tang Z, Tian Y, Zhang J, Zheng XF*. (2021) Deubiquitinating enzyme OTUB1 promotes cancer cell immunosuppression via preventing ER-associated degradation of immune checkpoint protein PD-L1. Cell Death & Differentiation. 28:1773–1789. Doi: 10.1038/s41418-020-00700-z.
8. Chen SW, Wang YB, Liao LM, Meng L, Li JJ, Shi C, Han H, Zheng XF*, Shen H*. (2020) Similar repair effects of human placenta, bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells and their exosomes for damaged SVOG ovarian granulosa cells. Stem Cell International. Dec 3; 2020: 2020(13):1-17. doi: 10.1155/2020/8861557.
9. Yang YF, Yang CZ, Li TT, Yu SY, Cui J, Zheng XF*. (2020) The deubiquitinase USP38 promotes NHEJ repair through regulation of HDAC1 activity and regulates cancer cell response to genotoxic insults. Cancer Res. 80 (4): 719-731. Dec 24 (online). Doi:10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-19-2149.
10. Zang WC & Zheng XF*. (2020) Structure and Functions of cellular redox sensor HSCARG/NMRAL1, a linkage among redox status, innate immunity, DNA damage response, and cancer. Free Radical Biology and Medicine. 160: 768-774.
11. Zang WC, Yang CZ. Li TT, Liao LM, Zheng XF*. (2019) Cellular redox sensor HSCARG negatively regulates the translesion synthesis pathway and exacerbates mammary tumorigenesis. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA. December 17, 116 (51): 25624-25633. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1910250116
12. Xu RD, Yu SY, Zhu D, Huang XP, Lao YM, Zhang JF, Tang ZF, Zhang ZM, Yi J, Zhu HH, Zhu, Zheng XF*. (2019) hCINAP regulates the DNA damage response and mediates the resistance of acute myelocytic leukemia cells to therapy. Nature Communications.10，3812. Doi.org/10.1038/s41467-019-11795-5.
13. Yang CZ, Zang WC, Ji YP, Li TT, Yang YF, Zheng XF*. (2019) Ribosomal protein L6 (RPL6) is recruited to DNA damage sites in a poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase-dependent manner and regulates the DNA damage response. J Biol Chem. 294(8): 2827-2838. Doi: 10.1074/jbc.RA118.007009
14. Guan JH, Zheng XF*. (2019) NEDDylation regulates RAD18 ubiquitination and localization in response to oxidative DNA damage. Biochemical Biophysical Research Communications. 508: 1240-1244. Doi.org/10.1016/j.bbrc.2018.12.072.
15. Amanda Constantinides, Chelsea Severin, Ryan Gumpper, Xiaofeng Zheng*, Ming Luo*. (2018) Characterizations of the PB2 Cap Binding Domain Accelerate Inhibitor Design. Crystals. 8 (2). Doi:10.3390/cryst8020062.
16. Yang CZ, Zang WC, Tang ZF, Ji YP, Xu RD, Yang YF, Luo AP, Hu B, Zhang ZM, Liu ZH, Zheng XF*. (2018) A20 regulates the DNA damage response and mediates tumor cell resistance to DNA damaging therapy. Cancer Research. 78(4): 1069-1082. Doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-17-2143.
17. Zhang L, Liu J, Qian L, Feng Q, Wang X, Yuan Y, Zuo Y, Cheng Q, Miao Y, Guo T, Zheng XF, Zheng H*. (2018) Induction of OTUD1 by RNA Viruses Potently Inhibits Innate Immune Responses by Promoting Degradation of the MAVS/TRAF3/TRAF6 Signalosome. PLoS Pathogens. 14(5): e1007067. DOI: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1007067.
18. Guan JH, Yu SY, Zheng XF*. (2018) NEDDylation antagonizes ubiquitination of proliferating cell nuclear antigen and regulates the recruitment of polymerase η in response to oxidative DNA damage. Protein Cell. 9(4):365-379. DOI 10.1007/s13238-017-0455-x.
19. Ji YP, Yang CZ, Tang ZF, Yang YF, Tian YL, Yao HW, Zhu X, Zhang ZM, Ji JF, Zheng XF*. (2017) Adenylate kinase hCINAP determines self-renewal of colorectal cancer stem cells in a glycolysis-dependent manner by facilitating LDHA phosphorylation. Nature Communications. 8:15308. Doi.10.1038/ncomms15308.
20. Dong XD, Guan JH, Zheng CF, Zheng XF*. (2017, May 19) The herpes simplex virus 1 UL36USP deubiquitinase suppresses DNA repair in host cells via deubiquitination of proliferating cell nuclear antigen. J Biol Chem. 292 (20): 8472-8483. DOI 10.1074/jbc.M117.778076.
21. Bai DM, Zheng XF*. (2017) PML-RARA mutations confer varying arsenic trioxide resistance. Protein & Cell. 8(4):296–301. DOI: 10.1007/s13238-016-0356-4.
22. Yan FX, Guan JH, Peng YY, Zheng XF*. (2017) MyD88 NEDDylation negatively regulates MyD88-dependent NF-κB signaling through antagonizing its ubiquitination. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 482 (4): 632-637.
23. Bai DM, Zhang J, Li T, Hang R, Liu Y, Tian Y, Huang D, Qu L, Cao XF, Ji J-F, Zheng XF*. (2016) The ATPase hCINAP regulates 18S rRNA processing and is essential for embryogenesis and tumor growth. Nature Communications.7: 12310.
24. Severin C,, Rocha de Moura T, Liu Y, Li K, Zheng XF*, Luo M*. (2016) The cap binding site of influenza virus protein PB2 as a drug target. Acta Cryst. D72, 245-253.
25. Qu LL, Ji YP, Zhu X, Zheng XF*. (2015) hCINAP Negatively Regulates NF-κB Signaling by Recruiting the Phosphatase PP1 to Deactivate IKK Complex. Journal of Molecular Cell Biology. 7 (6): 529-542. doi: 10.1093/jmcb/mjv041.
26. Liu Y, Yang YF, Fan JL, He RN, Luo M, Zheng XF*. (2015) The Crystal Structure of PB2 Cap-binding Domain of Influenza B Virus Reveals a Novel Cap Recognition Mechanism. J Biol. Chem. 290(14): 9141-9149.
27. Li TT, Guan J, Li SZ, Zhang XD, Zheng XF*. (2014) HSCARG downregulates TNF-induced NF-κB signaling by interacting with USP7 and inhibiting NEMO ubiquitination. Cell Difference & Diseases.5: e1229. Doi: 10.1038/cddis.2014.197.
28. Hu B, Li SZ, Zhang XD, Zheng XF*. (2014) HSCARG, a novel regulator of H2A ubiquitination by downregulating PRC1 ubiquitin E3 ligase activity, is essential for cell proliferation. Nucleic Acid Res. 42, 5582-5593
29. Li G, Qu L, Ma S, Wu Y, J CW, Zheng XF*. (2014) Structures determination of human Fas Apoptosis Inhibitory Molecule and identification of the critical residues linking the interdomain interaction to the anti-apoptotic activity. Acta crystallographica section D. D70, 1812-1822.
30. Peng YY, Xu RD, Zheng XF*. (2014) HSCARG negatively regulates the cellular antiviral RIG-I like receptor signaling pathway by inhibiting TRAF3 ubiquitination via recruiting OTUB1. PLoS Pathogens. 10(4): e1004041.
31. Li TT, Guan JH, Huang ZJ, Hu X, Zheng XF*. (2014) RNF168-mediated H2A neddylation antagonizes its ubiquitination and regulates DNA damage repair. J Cell Sci. 127: 2238-2248.
32. Zhang JF, Bai DM, Ma XW, Guan JH, Zheng XF*. (2014) hCINAP is a novel regulator of ribosomal protein-HDM2-p53 pathway by controlling NEDDylation of ribosomal protein S14. Oncogene. 33, 246-254. doi: 10.1038/onc.2012.560.
33. Xiao W, Meng G, Zhao Y, Yuan H, Li T, Peng Y, Zhao Y, Luo M, Zhao, WM, Li Z, Zheng XF*. (2014) Human secreted stabilin-1-interacting chitinase-like protein aggravates the inflammation associated with rheumatoid arthritis and is a potential macrophage inflammatory regulator in rodents. ARTHRITIS & RHEUMATOLOGY. 66(5):1141-1152.
34. Bai DM, Zhang J, Xiao WC, Zheng XF*. (2014) Regulation of the HDM2-p53 pathway by ribosomal protein L6 in response to ribosomal stress. Nucleic Acid Res. 42(3):1799-1811.
35. Meng G, An X, Ye, S, Liu Y, Zhu W, Zhang R, Zheng XF*. (2013) The crystal structure of LidA, a translocated substrate of the Legionella pneumophila Type IV secretion system, reveals a novel folding. Protein & Cell. 4(12):897-900.
36. Bai XY, Zheng XF*. (2013) Tip-to-tip interaction in the crystal packing of PACSIN 2 is important in regulating tubulation activity. Protein & Cell. 4(3): 211–219.
37. Xiao WC, Peng YY, Liu Y, Li Z, Li SL, Zheng XF*. (2013) HSCARG inhibits NADPH oxidase activity through regulation of the expression of p47phox. PLoS One. 8(3): e59301.
38. Liu Y, Qin K, Meng G, Zhang J, Zhou JF, Zhao GY, Luo M, Zheng XF*. (2013) Structural and Functional Characterization of K339T Substitution Identified in the PB2 subunit Cap-binding Pocket of Influenza A Virus. J Biol. Chem. 288(16): 11013-11023.
39. Liu Y, Meng G, Luo M, Zheng XF*. (2013) Crystallization and X-ray crystallographic analysis on the cap binding domain of influenza A virus H1N1 polymerase subunit PB2. Acta crystallgrophy F. 69: 280-283.
40. Feng X, Yang R, Zheng XF*, Zhang F. (2012) Identification of a novel nuclear-localized adenylate kinase 6 from Arabidopsis thaliana as an essential stem growth factor. Plant Physiol Biochem. 61: 180-186.
41. Bai X, Meng G, Luo,M, Zheng XF*. (2012) Rigidity of the Wedge Loop in PACSIN 3 is a Key Factor in Dictating the Diameters of Tubules. J Biol. Chem. 287(26):22387-22396.
42. Zhang M, Hu B, Li T, Peng Y, Guan J, Lai S, Li Z, Zheng XF*. (2012) A CRM1-dependent nuclear export signal controls nucleocytoplasmic translocation of HSCARG, which regulates NF-κB activity. Traffic. 13(6):790-799.
43. Yu Q, Zheng XF*. (2012) The crystal structure of human UDP-glucose pyrophosphorylase reveals a latch effect important for regulating pyrophosphorylase activity. Biochemical J. 442(2): 283-291.
44. Bai X, Meng G, Zheng XF*. (2012) Cloning, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of mouse PACSIN 3 protein from Escherichia coli. Acta crystallgrophy F68, 159-162.
45. Ding Q, Meng G, Wang S-F, Zheng XF,Yang H, Gong Q-H. (2011) Ultrafast Solvation Dynamics of Subtilisin-Polyethylene Glycol Interaction for Protein Crystallization. CHIN. PHYS. LETT. Vol. 28, No. 6 (2011) 067804.
46. Zhu WZ, Meng G, Liu Y, Zhang FY, Zheng XF* (2011) Protein Expression, Crystallization and Preliminary X-Ray Crystallographic Studies on LidA from Legionella pneumophila. Acta crystallgrophy F67, 637-639.
47. Li GM, Qiang Chen, Dai KS, Zheng XF*. (2011) The Ca2+-dependent multimerization of Homo sapiens S100 domain in Cornulin protects cells from injury. Progress in Biochemistry and Biophysics. 38(3): ~9.
48. Meng G, Zhao YM, Bai XY, Liu Y, Todd J Green, Luo M, Zheng XF*. (2010) Structure of Human Stabilin-1 Interacting Chitinase-like Protein (SI-CLP) Reveals a Saccharide-binding Cleft with Lower Sugar-binding Selectivity. J Biol. Chem. 285, 39898-39904.
49. Li GM, Qu L, Meng G, Bai Xiaoyun, Dai KS, Zheng XF*. Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies of human FAIM protein. (2010). Acta crystallgrophy F. 66: 935-937.
50. Li, C.Y. Zhang, Y. Wang, Z. Cao, C. Zhang, P.W. Lu, S.J. Li, X.M. Yu, Q. Zheng, X. Du, Q, Uhl, GR., Liu, QR, Wei, L. (2010) A human-specific de novo protein-coding gene associated with human brain functions. PLoS computational biology. 6(3):e1000734.
51. Cui Y, Jiao Z, Gong J, Yu Q, Zheng X, Quan J, Luo M, Yang Z. (2010) Development of new stereodiverse diaminocyclitols as inhibitors of influenza virus neuraminidase. Org. Lett. 12, 4-7.
52. Zhang JF, Zhang FY, Zheng XF*. (2010) Deficiency of hCINAP causes defects in Cajal body formation,histone transcription, and cell viability. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences. 67:1907–1918.
53. Bai XY, Meng G, Li GM, Luo M, Zheng XF*. (2010) Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic analysis of human PACSIN 1 protein. Acta crystallgrophy F. 66: 73-75.
54. Li GM, Tang ZT, Meng G, Dai KD, Zhao JD, Zheng XF*. (2009) Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies of O-methyltransferase from the Anabaena Pcc 7120. Acta crystallgrophy F. 65(10): 1039-1041.
55. Zhang Y, Lu S, Zhao S, Zheng XF, Long M, Wei L. (2009) Positive selection for the male functionality of a co-retroposed gene in the hominoids. BMC Evol Biol. 9: 252.
56. Gan QN, Li TT, Hu B, Lian M, Zheng XF* (2009) HSCARG inhibits activation of NF-κB by interacting with IκB kinase-β. J Cell Sci. 122(22): 4081-4088.
57. Heinicke LA, Wong J, Lary J, Nallagatla SR, Diegelman-Parente A, Zheng XF, Cole JL, Philip C Bevilacqua. (2009) RNA dimerization promotes PKR dimerization and activation. J Mol Biol. 390(2): 319-338.
58. Lian M, Zheng XF* (2009) HSCARG regulates NF-κB activation by promoting the ubiquitination of RelA or COMMD1 in response to changes of cellular NADPH/NADP+. J Biol. Chem. 284(27): 17998-18006.
59. Dai XY, Li YY, Meng G, Yao S, Zhao YM, Yu Q, Zhang JF, Luo M and Zheng XF* (2009) NADPH is an allosteric regulator of HSCARG. J Mol. Biol. 387, 1277–1285.
60. Meng G, Bai X, Green TJ, Luo M, Zheng XF* (2009) Crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies on SI-CLP, a novel human Glyco_18 domain–containing protein. Protein & Peptide Letter. 16(3): 336-338.
61. Chen B, Lian M, Luo M, Zheng XF* (2008) A chemical lipid modification of recombinant preS antigen to study the mechanism of HBV attachment to the host cell. J Biotechnology. 137: 8-13.
62. Zhao YM, Zhang JF, Li HY, Li YY, Ren J, Luo M and Zheng XF* (2008). An NADPH sensor protein (HSCARG) downregulates nitric oxide synthesis by association with argininosuccinate synthetase and is essential for epithelial cell viability. J Biol. Chem. 283(16):11004-11013.
63. Meng G, Zhai RT, Liu B and Zheng XF* (2008). Identification of a novel nuclear-localized adenylate kinase from Drosophila melanogaster. Biochemistry (Moscow). 37: 38-43.
64. Lian M, Zhou X, Chen B, Li C, Gu X, Luo M and Zheng XF* (2008). Identification of the critical regions in HBV preS required for its stability. J Peptide Science. 14(3): 307-312.
65. Nallagatla SR, Hwang J, Toroney R, Zheng XF, Cameron CE and Bevilacqua PC. (2007) 5`-triphosphate-dependent activation of PKR by RNAs with short stem-loops. Science, 318: 1455-1458.
66. Chen Q, You DL, Liang YH, Su XD, Gu X, Luo M and Zheng XF* (2007). Crystal structure of the Thermoanaerobacter tengcongensis hypoxanthine-guanine phosphoribosyltransferase L160I mutant: insights into the inhibitor design. FEBS J. 274: 4408-4415.
67. Zheng XF*, Dai XY, Zhao YM, Chen Q, Lu F, Yao DQ, Yu Q, Liu XP, Zhang CM, Gu X and Luo M* (2007). Restructuring of the dinucleotide binding fold in a NADP(H) sensor protein. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA. 104(21): 8809-8814.
68. Lian M, Zhou X, Wei L, Qiu SH, Zhou T, Li L, Gu X, Luo M and Zheng XF* (2007). Serum levels of preS antigen (HBpreSAg) in chronic hepatitis B virus infected patients. Virology J. 4: 93.
69. Li CY, Yu Q, Ye ZQ, Sun Y, He QY, Li XM, Zhang WX, Luo JC, Gu X, Zheng XF* and Wei LP* (2007). A Nonsynonymous SNP in Human Cytosolic Sialidase in a Small Asian Population Results in Reduced Enzyme Activity: Potential Link with Severe Adverse Reactions to Oseltamivir. Cell Research. 17(4):357-362.
70. Dai X, Gu X, Luo M and Zheng XF* (2006). Protein expression, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies on HSCARG from Homo sapiens. Protein & Peptide Letter. 13(9):955-957.
71. Zhai RT, Meng G, Zhao YM, Liu B, Zhang GF and Zheng XF* (2006). A novel nuclear-localized protein with special adenylate kinase properties from Caenorhabditis elegans. FEBS Letters. 580: 3811-3817.
72. Chen Q, Hui R, Sun C, Gu X, Luo M and Zheng XF* (2006). Soluble expression, purification, and stabilization of a pro-apoptotic human protein, CARP. Protein Expression & Purification. 45(2):329-334.
73. Yu YM, Li L, Zheng XF, Liang YH and Su XD (2006). Protein Preparation, Crystallization and Preliminary X-ray Analysis of Imidazolonepropionase from Bacillus subtilis. BBA - Proteins and Proteomics. 1764, 153-156.
74. Dai X, Chen Q, Lian M, Zhou Y, Zhou M, Lu SY, Chen YJ, Luo JC, Gu X, Jiang Y, Luo M and Zheng XF* (2005). Systematic high-yield production of human secreted proteins in Escherichia coli. Biochem Biophys Research Commun 332: 593-601.
75. Dai X, Liu Y, Liang YH, Zheng XF, Luo M, Li F and Su XD (2005). Protein expression, crystallization and preliminary X-ray crystallographic studies of YjbK from Bacillus subtilis. Prot. & Pept. Let. 12: 663-664.
76. Li D, Liang YH, Zheng XF, Li L and Su XD (2005). Protein preparation, Crystallization and Preliminary X-ray Analysis of YjcG protein from Bacillus subtilis. Acta Cryst. Sect. F Volume 61（5）Epub
77. Chen Q, Liang YH, Su XD, Gu X, Zheng XF and Luo M (2005). Alternative IMP Binding in Feedback Inhibition of Hypoxanthine-Guanine Phosphoribosyltransferase from Thermoanaerobacter tengcongensis. J. Mol. Biol. 348(5):1199-1210.
78. Ren H, Wang LY, Bennett M, Liang YH, Zheng XF, Lu F, Li LF, Luo M, Eriksson S,. Zhang CM and Su XD (2005). The crystal structure of human adenylate kinase 6: an adenylate kinase isoform localized to the cell nucleus. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA. 102 (2):303-8.
79. Zheng XF and Bevilacqua PC (2004) A novel class of activators of PKR: small double-stranded RNAs with single-stranded tails. RNA 10:1934-1945.
80. Ren H, LiangYH, Li R, Ding H, Qiu S, Lu S, An J, Li L, Luo M, Zheng XF* and Su, XD (2004). Protein preparation, crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of human adrenal gland protein AD-004. Acta Cryst D60: 1292-1294.
81. Gong W, Liu H, Niu L, Shi Y, Tang Y, Teng M, Wu J, Liang D, Wang D, Wang J, Ding J, Hu H, Huang Q, Zhang Q, Lu S, An J, Liang Y, Zheng X, Gu X, Su XD (2003). Structural genomics efforts at the Chinese Academy of Sciences and Peking University. J Struct Funct Genomics. 4(23): 137-139.
82. Zheng XF and Bevilacqua PC (2001). Efficient construction of long DNA duplexes with internal non-Watson-Crick motifs and modifications. Nucleic Acids Res. 29(2) e6.
83. Zheng XF and Bevilacqua PC. (2000). Straightening of bulged RNA by the double-stranded RNA-binding domain from the protein kinase PKR. Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 97(26):14162-14167.
84. Zheng XF, Kobayashi Y and Takeuchi M (1998). Construction of a low serine-type carboxypeptidase producing mutant of Aspergillus oryzae by the expression of antisense RNA and its use as a host for heterologous protein secretion. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnology. 49:39-44.
85. Zheng XF and Huang BQ. (1994) Marker proteins for somatic embryogenesis in several plants. Acta Bontanica Sinica. 36(3):175-180.
86. Zheng XF & Huang, BQ. (1994). Intranuclear and cytoplasmic inclusions in embryogenic and embryoidal cells of Panax quinquefolius. Acta Bontanica Sinica. 36(1):73-74.
87. Zhang GF, Huang BQ, Zheng XF, and Hao S (1993). Plant regeneration from protoplasts derived from suspension cultures in Leymus Racemosus. Acta Bontanica Sinica. 35(6): 422-428.
88. Wang L, Zheng XF & Zhang GF (1990). Rapid propagation of Leymus giganteus L., Plant Physiology Communications. 3:47-48.
Our lab is mainly
focus on the functions of proteins related to human diseases such as inflammation and tumor.
We take molecular, biochemical, structural and cellular approaches to
investigate the biological roles of these proteins in regulation of DNA damage response, genomic integrity, drug resistance, tumor metabolism and environment, to understand the
underlying molecular mechanisms and the correlation between protein dysfunction